Tuesday 27 October 2009

Giving a little back

A little while ago I became a World Wildlife Fund support member. I'm donating a small sum each month to help them with their work for the wild animals around the world.
As a welcome-to-us-and-thank-you present I got a lovely little polar bear plushie and a gymbag with the WWF logo on it.

So I give you - drumroll - Sealsnuffles, the polar bear!

And here he is again. This time dressed in a fashionable hoodie from Puppia!
(No, I don't have a little fashion dog, the hoodie was on sale and I tried to put in on the cats, but they didn't agree... You can actually see the cat's feet behind him.)

I've been told that I should be including the story about how the little polar got his "slightly" special name, so now I will!

Well.. The package from WWF arrived in the mail and the beautiful little bear was unwrapped. I said to my boyfriend that the little guy needed a name. So my boyfriend suggested the name "Honeysnuffles", but polar bears doesn't eat honey! They eat seals! So, the bear is now Sealsnuffles.

If you want to become a supporting member or adopt a species, simply go here and sign up; http://www.worldwildlife.org/

No comments: