Friday 7 January 2011

A lovely day...



Hello again and happy new year! It's been ages since I last blogged, but now I finally have something that I want to write about.

This Christmas I got something I've been wanting for years. I opened the present from my man and it was a gift certificate for a treatment at Jessheim Spa! (He's the best, right?)

Well, today it was time for my appointment, so I jumped on the bus from home to Jessheim a bit before one and arrived at the spa at a quarter past one. My appointment wasn't until two so I started my spoiling by "checking in", getting my soft, white bundle that consisted of a soft robe, a pair of cute comfy slippers and a fluffy towel. I wandered into the dressingrooms and even they were comfy. The lockers were spacious and there weren't any of those classic large showers built to fit ten. There was single-person shower stalls with proper showers. After I had changed into my bathing suit I slipped on the robe and slippers and walked, allready smiling, back in to the main area of the spa. There I was shown around by a nice Swedish girl who told me how to operate the bubbles in the hot tub and let me know that I was welcome to help myself to fruit and iced water before my treatment. Still smiling, I poured myself a glass of icewater with lemon and munched a couple of grapes before I hung up my robe and slipped into the hot bubbly goodness.


Twenty glourious minutes later I went to change back to my underwear, slip on the lovely robe again and wait for my massage. "My" masseuse was a nice, chatty girl who asked a lot of questions to make sure I was comfortable at all times. She started with my back and shoulders, then went on to my legs, my arms and rounded it off with another round on my neck. I must admit that it was rather painfull at times when she was doing my shoulders, but considering my level of tenseness it could only be expected. And besides the rest was so lovely that I forgot about it. It took me a while to be able to relax completely, not to mention getting used to having a strange girl kneading my bum, but once I got over that I really really enjoyed it.


After my massage was over and I had been served another glass of lemonflavoured icewater I changed back into my bathing suit, complete with slippers and robe, and went back into the main area. First I went into "The Lagune" (the spa's relaxation area) and laid back on a bed-ish thing with soft pillows in there to read a magazine before I ordered a glass of red wine and slipped, yet again, in to the hot tub. After another half-an-hour I suddenly realised that my mum was probably waiting for me outside so I took a quick shower in the Tropical Rain Shower (basically a huge shower head embedded in the ceiling giving the impression of warm summer rain) and went to change again. I reluctantly gave up the robe and slippers, paid for my wine and went outside with a smile on my face.

Now I'm sitting in my couch, still comfortably limp, happy and very much in love with my man. I do really recommend a day at the spa to anyone needing to relax, loose some tension or just getting spoiled for a while. Also a wonderful gift for anyone you care for. Doesn't have to be a girlfriend, I'm pretty sure mums, sisters and even boyfriends will appreciate it. Maybe not so much for manly-man dads though.

Pictures: Borrowed from Jessheim Spa's homepage.

2 comments:

Liv Mette said...

Ah! Sounds amazing. Very nice gift to get, and you definitly deserve the goodness, my dear friend! I hope life in general are treating you well, aswell. :)

Voodoo said...

Thank you, sweetheart! :) Yeah, life's being pretty good these days. Enjoy the rest of your trip, lovely!