Monday 27 July 2009

Thank you for applying, better luck next year

Early April I applied to Oslo University College for their Teacher Training in Art and Design (basically a fancy-pants way of saying Arts and Crafts teacher). Since I applied I've been holding my breath, figuratively off course or I'd be slightly dead by now. On July 20th I got my letter back from OUC.
"Your application is now processed. Unfortunatly you have not measured up in the competition for any of the studies of your choice."
Even though I didn't measure up in the first place I was still welcome to stay on the waiting list and off course I accepted that offer, it could be that some of the other applicants decided to do something else, work, move or whatever.

But now a week later, after the deadline to accept or decline, my hopes are beginning to dwindle as I'm still on the waitinglist... As number 51... On the 20th I was number 60. So unless there are alot of unregistered declines out there, the other applicants have unfortunate accidents or the entire class drop out during the first few weeks of the term I don't really have a chance.

So I'm back to the drawing board... Again. I must admit that it hurts a little to be back there. I was hoping to finally get my life back on track and get something worthwhile to do this fall. Guess I just have to start thinking again, maybe redo some exams and pray that I better my grades and not make them worse. Maybe I can try to get into a school as an assistant teacher in arts and crafts or something. Just have to wait and see.

Any suggestions you might have is appreciated.

*Fingers crossed*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

youll get it dear -peck-

-james

Anonymous said...

Any news? Are you going to apply again this year?
Good luck

Corwen

Voodoo said...

Yeah, I've allready applied and hoping to get in this year thanks to a few additional point due to age and I've also gotten a bit of relevant practise these past few months which I'm hoping is gonna count in my favour when it comes to the admission. :)